Turn 12 At Road Atlanta Coaching Tips
We hope our coaching tips were helpful to not only Michael but all of you!
You can see Michael's early apex caused him to run out of room at corner exit and made him lift. His early throttle application induced a little bit more understeer magnifying his early apex.
We actually wrote a small article last week on just how much time those small lifts off of full throttle cost driver. Click below to read that article.
The following are the steps on how we would work with Michael to get through turn 12 correctly:
- Delay turn in by 1 car length to come at the end of the curb on our left
- Slow down the rate of turn in (in terms of turning the wheel slower with our hands) so that you apex approximately 2 car lengths later
- Try and not apply the brakes in the middle of the corner - as you get closer to the limit this can cause more oversteer than we want. In fact, it looks like that small brake application causes you to feel like you over slow after that, which causes initial throttle coming too early.
- Try and delay initial throttle application by about a car length or so.
- Most importantly we are changing his throttle so that once he gets back to full throttle he can keep at full throttle and not have that lift off of it as we see at the end of the video.
We also have a great free article where we break down why we would like to see our drivers delay their initial throttle application spot here
I really hope you will consider getting personalized coaching from us at Racers360. Using our one lap analysis we will use YOUR video that you send us (from any camera system, in any car, at any track) and we will break down your driving while filming over it using a webcam, annotation tools, and slow-motion abilities with our software.
Your one lap video will be turned into a 15 - 20-minute in-depth break down from the very best coaches in the industry today. Thanks to this you no longer have to spend thousands of dollars on personal coaching, this whole service only costs $99 and there are no hidden fees.
You get all of this personal coaching in every video. Our average customer has shaved 2 seconds of lap time after just one video… Show us any other $99 part that can save you 2 seconds!